Cork Harbour to Cobh eBike Tour
Cork Harbour to Cobh eBike Tour - Guided (St Patricks Day)
Duration: half day Distance: 35 – 40km
Following a short introduction to how an electric bike operates the group will head off along the world’s second-largest natural harbour from Cork City to the town of Cobh.
Cross the harbour by ferry to the spectacular cathedral town, which was the final berthing place of the famous Titanic. The initial part of the tour will be on a Greenway, and then we will progress to the road.
Places of interest along the route include:
- Shandon and Cork Boat Clubs
- Pairc Ui Chaoimh Stadium, the home of Cork GAA where Ireland’s ancient games are played
- Blackrock Castle Observatory, a 16th century castle home to a Science Centre and Observatory
- Passage West Village
- St Colman’s Cathedral, Cobh
- Cobh Harbour
- Views of Spike Island
Note: Participants need
- To be 14+ years olds to use electric bikes
- A basic level of fitness
- To be comfortable cycling on the road
- To wear comfortable clothing & bring sunscreen or a rain jacket depending on the weather
Why Cork Bike Hire
Cork Bike Hire at The Marina Market is your perfect start point to explore the recently reopened Cork City to Passage West Greenway linking the Marina on the Lee to Passage West on the lower harbour.